The British Association of Porter Progress is voluntary (pre) helping to secure the portaori of 'Himalaya, which all tourists and climbers during their trek and using the shell shipments, appropriate culture and protection in all the meaning of their lives as workers and human beings.
Too often travelers and mountaineers, including fame, take advantage of these simple people, lemosinando tariffs, without making sure how you would agree if taken regularly by local agency, and looking absurdly underpaid. All this will eventually lead to these petty exploiters, the saving of a few tens of dollars, after having spent a few thousand for their trip. In Rome, call them the "Save Mary's Calzone."
That the bearer is an indispensable work in those valleys where there are no roads, but not in those countries, according to our standards: poor, where the someggio on the shoulders of each object (even the heaviest) is the 'only practical form of transport economics.
Carriers are a very hard life and their ignorance often makes them victims of exploitation and exposure to risk huge objects on mountain trails.
A trekker or mountaineer responsible will immediately notice the delicate balance-in-all the senses of those human beings who often have all their back, making it possible to travel in remote areas to people without them could certainly move (strutting occasionally) as they do.
Personally, I am now many years that every time I go to the 'Himalaya Andes or organize a small collection of used clothing, sunglasses and shoes that leave carriers with which to work. I recommend the participants to use clothing they want to discard and then leaving them to bear. An old battery that is not here We will never use, there is precious! There are a few things but at least I know and I see that are in the hands of those who need it and not in the large network of humanitarian organizations with a thousand tentacles scaldasedie and secretaries.
PORTER PROGRESS UK has offices in Kathmandu, where I spend often, and especially a president who has called TOBY GEE.
With Toby I faced the devastation of the storms of Patagonia Continental Hielo more than once, I suffered and enjoyed the life in more than a 'time and I know that person is.
The "clothes bank" established by PORTER PROGRESS UK is run by volunteers and I know for a fact that gives the clothes exactly to those in need with a system that leaves no room for speculation. We will gradually bring help very easily. If you know the 'go to the website of the English' Association http://www.porterprogress.org/
I hope to be able to establish a PORTER PROGRESS ITALY with a site in Italian, as soon as possible.
In my small circle of awareness of mountain lovers and not only projecting the video made U.S. & THEM in Nepal in 2008 that retracts the hard work of the bearer in the Himalayas. In fact, if you want an evening please contact me, if you do not already know, you'll discover a slight problem that only a 'proper informazine can solve, and you will see beautiful pictures of those places. If everyone from his "small" and its "internal" do something, we could solve many problems of the world. Think about it.
Thanks!
0 comments:
Post a Comment